Saturday, June 8, 2019

Rest day at Kastelli Day 81

This morning I visited both tourist sites in Kastelli. A Minoan archeological site and a 14th century church (locked). The Minoan site consisted of the base of some walls. An information board would have helped to tell you what you were looking at as the scant remains of a fortress (presumably giving the town its name) was also meant to be at the same location.
That done it was a few chores (visit to a cash machine, washing clothes etc.), a visit to the swimming pool and sitting on my balcony reading my kindle. My room at the Kalliopi hotel is a good one as it overlooks the pool where I watched the antics of the youngsters in the pool, and the changing light illuminating the hills behind.

Minoan remains at Kastelli

No comments:

Post a Comment